Alouettes add veteran Ejiro Kuale | CFL.ca | Official Site of the Canadian Football League

Adam Gagnon

MONTREAL - The Alouettes announced on Monday the signings of free agent linebacker and defensive end Ejiro Kuale, as well as defensive back Kendric Burney. The import players were signed to three- and two-year deals, respectively.

The former LSU product played three seasons with the Boatmen after joining the club as a free agent in 2010 and registered 110 total tackles (92 DT, 18, ST).

A linebacker, which saw time at defensive end, Kuale was also used sparingly as a full back and tight end in short yardage situations.  He dressed in 48 regular season games and four playoff games including the 100th Grey Cup in November when the Argonauts defeated the Stampeders.

Burney was signed as a rookie free agent by the Carolina Panthers in 2011. The former product of the University of North Carolina recorded one defensive tackle and three pass deflections in his NFL pre-season debut against the New York Giants. Last season, the Jacksonville, NC native was signed by the St. Louis Rams, spending time on the club’s practice squad.

Prior to going pro, Burney was a four-year starter with the Tar Heels, playing in 44 games and racking up 210 tackles, two sacks, 11 interceptions, 25 passes defended and one fumble recovery.

wild horse
Good point, Dekkoy. Those Unnecessary Roughness yards will kill ya'.
February 28, 2013 - 9:32pm

wild horse
Hawkins comes with his own connections. I wish the CFL season started in May. No Expos, but Baseball is OK too.
February 28, 2013 - 5:57pm
no expos(thank GOD), baseball your kidding right eh? LOL LOL LOL
March 03, 2013 - 11:37am

Dekkoy
Kuale is an angry player. He can be good or bad for you depending if you work with him or not.

What these stats they're posting don't show is all the penalty yards these players rack up. I know Kuale is def one of the players guilty of a lot, so expect that.
February 28, 2013 - 5:09pm

als sign WRs wallace wright ex of the NY Jets and DeAundre muhammad U of Indiania. also signed was RB jeremy avery from boise state U!!
February 27, 2013 - 4:01pm

wild horse
ANWAR STEWART **** So many Game-Changing Plays over the Years. A Real Pro. We Salute You!!!
February 26, 2013 - 4:28pm

waveman
"let your nuts hang" lol. no, he's weird in the locker room, thats why the argos let him go. have to admit I like him, football is for weirdos anyway. wait till you get a load of this guy, coach!
February 26, 2013 - 12:32pm
*C*F*L*
It's like that old saying ... ''If your Middle Linebacker is not half a bubble off of centre, then you don't have a Middle Linebacker''.

Mike, Sam & Will cannot be gentlemen or role models =)
February 26, 2013 - 3:19pm
and again you know this how?
February 26, 2013 - 3:19pm
wild horse
I'll be a witness, A.R. - 50 years ago, I was an undersized LB and my coconut is definitely a little cracked. I think that's how I got the nickname, but I can't remember.
February 27, 2013 - 12:36pm

anwar stewart to join the montreal football staff as a scout and assistant to the GM!!
February 25, 2013 - 10:02pm

surprising signing by GM popp since he released LB rod davis earlier who I thought played not that bad for the als!! BUT with not signing DA I guess money was available!!
February 25, 2013 - 9:40pm

wild horse
AGF, tell us what you think. Send Rickey a "Heads UP".
February 25, 2013 - 8:46pm

wild horse
Oh Man I am so happy. This guy is a Hittin' Machine. Hope he makes the Linebacking Crew, which is looking real good. Burney has cred. Als will knock a lotta folks down this season. Davis Disappointed. Bring on Kuale. Boomer, half your entire organization are ex-Als, many castaways.
February 25, 2013 - 8:37pm