CFL fines Eskimos head coach Chris Jones | CFL.ca | Official Site of the Canadian Football League

TORONTO -- The Canadian Football League announced today that it has fined Edmonton Eskimo head coach Chris Jones $5,000 for disregarding pre-game timing protocol during their last three road games. This led to their players entering the field of play late which disrupted pre-game timing and operations.

The Eskimos issued a statement their road game pre-game timing:

We apologize for the team's on-field absence during the national anthem last Friday in Ottawa. It was not intentional and does not represent the tremendous respect the Edmonton Eskimo Football Club holds for the nation, the league and fans. The absence was the result of an internal miscommunication we have since corrected.

Going forward, the team will align with the protocol set out by the league as to not disrupt pre-game timing and game day operations.

- With files from Esks.com.

again 3rd time trying to get my comment posted!! DISGRACEFUL behaviour by jones!! should have his fine tripled for the 3 insulting actions!! as an American coach he wouldn't accept this behaviour in his own country!! I live in the USA and found this unacceptable that it took the CFL head office this long to address jones' disrespectful exhibition 3 times before stepping up!!
August 23, 2014 - 12:07pm

Sharky99
To quote Al Davis, "Just Win Baby!" ... If you are a football fan ... a real football fan not just a passive one ... you don't care about this stuff ... Was Roy Shivers a jerk ... yes ... did he bring the Riders back to respectability ... sure did ... Was Wally Bunno liked by the media ... nope, but he is a winner and he mellowed with age .... as for Ottawa the Esks would have provided Western hospitality and waited to start the anthem ... your whiny ways will come back to you ... here's to 1-17 for your first season.
August 23, 2014 - 12:24am
S99: are you serious?!! awful attitude!!
August 23, 2014 - 12:10pm
smoawad
I consider myself a real esks football fan. 6-1 is looking great,and I hope it will be 7-1. But more importantly I consider myself a real MAN who respects the land I live in, the freedom I have and the flag and anthem that represent this country. If we push that all aside in the name a sports event or winning... what's next?

Good for the esks, releasing what sounded like an honest apology and a promise to fix the problem. But for this to have happened 3 times and only to fix the problem when the "miscommunication" caused a fine is less class then I expected to see from my team, or any team really.
August 23, 2014 - 4:29pm

as someone who lives in the USA I'm disgusted by eskimos HC jones's actions and his excuses for this behaviour is hilarious!! jones as an American would never have stood for these actions in America!! NOW WOULD YOU CHRIS!! jones your fine should have been 3 times what it actually was!! as col. potter in M.A.S.H. said in his 1st show HORSE HOCKEY!!
August 22, 2014 - 11:50pm

PrideLivesHere
In my best Oscar voice from Corner Gas voice -

HorseHockey
What a bunch of "jackwagons" in Edmonton - don't' even respect the national anthem or any Canadian traditions.

Go Riders Go.