Outlaw: Stamps unveil CFL Signature Uniform | CFL.ca | Official Site of the Canadian Football League

Stampeders.com Staff

Call it the back to the future.

When the doors opened at the Stamps Store on Friday morning, fans were treated to their first look at Calgary’s Signature Uniform jersey — dubbed "The Outlaw" — that will be worn for the first time at Monday’s Labour Day Classic. What they saw was a jersey that was in line with the alternate jersey that was unveiled by the Stamps 20 years ago at the 1994 Labour Day Classic, with a modern twist.

The jersey maintains the Stamps tradition of wearing black on Labour Day and sports the now-familiar crossed pistols on the shoulder. New additions include a Western-inspired distinct number font and the Latin slogan Quidquid Requiritur — Whatever It Takes — on the inside of the collar.

The jersey will be matched with the previously unveiled two-tone helmet with a chrome horse logo and black pants with a red stripe that features the word “Calgary.”

like most new uniforms a DISASTER!!
August 31, 2014 - 12:30pm

USREDBLACKSFan
Totally Awesome looking! It ties with the REDBLACKS and the Argos as my #1 favorite. This is my list of favorites : Argos, Alouettes,Stampeders,REDBLACKS,Lions, Bombers and Ticats
August 30, 2014 - 3:30am
RayX
And apparently the Riders unis aren't even worth mentioning :( I understand.
August 30, 2014 - 3:04pm

red&right
Sorry GreenMachine but your rider outfits & the Bombers are the worst looking of a pretty sad lot! While not crazy about the Stamps unis I really like their helmet design!
August 30, 2014 - 12:49am
RayX
Agreed. But at least the green is slightly better than the blue.
August 30, 2014 - 3:07pm
GreenMachine93
I never said that they were pretty, just that they were original.
August 30, 2014 - 5:34pm

GreenMachine93
Reebok must have had an excess of black material when developing these jerseys. like wow, Ottawa has an entirely black uniform and then a red and black plaid (of course for them its understandable, what with being the REDBLACKS and all), and with these signature we've got Bc, Hamilton, Calgary and Montreal (I know that ones more grey but its a dark grey and i still count it in with these). The only ones that have had even a little creativity are Saskatchewan and Winnipeg. Hopefully Edmontons look good or this whole thing will have been a huge waste of money.
August 29, 2014 - 9:20pm

BMcKay
What happened to Calgary's traditional red and white? It is better than the Bomber unis however. I mean...camoflage helmets? And no gold.
August 29, 2014 - 4:10pm

Wheelers31
Some of the games will look like an tournament of undertaker football teams. Only the Argos and the Riders have brighter ones.
August 29, 2014 - 3:08pm

RayX
The helmet is cool but everything else is sorta under done and plain.
August 29, 2014 - 2:17pm

Stampsfan83
I know I may be biased, but this is by far the best one yet. I'm not a big fan of all the crazy patterns being used on some of the others. This is something I'd be proud to see every labour day for years to come. So far this is my list from best to worse
Stamps
Cats (close second as they are very similar to the stamps)
Lions (not sure if they get another one this year)
Argos
Als
Bombers
Riders
I will tentatively put the Esks & Ottawa (if they get one) ahead of the Riders. They will be hard pressed to design one more revolting that the Riders, especially the helmets. (Again, I may be a biased against the green)
August 29, 2014 - 12:35pm
Stampsfan83
My bad, Ottawa has one already and I put it just above the Bombers. I think it looked much better with the all black helmet instead of the plaid helmet. Helmets ruined a few of the uniforms in my opinion.
August 29, 2014 - 12:47pm

Boosh63
Very nice! It pays a tasteful homage to the original 3rd uniform without over-thinking things like some of the other clubs have done.
August 29, 2014 - 11:12am

ddb
That helmet is pretty cool. I like the two-tone.
August 29, 2014 - 11:06am