Poll: Would Tim Tebow excel in the CFL? | CFL.ca | Official Site of the Canadian Football League

TORONTO -- On the heels of his release from the New York Jets, many have suggested that quarterback Tim Tebow's next stop is in the CFL. In three years with the Jets and Denver Broncos, Tebow completed 47.9 per cent of his 173 passes for 2,422 yards and 17 touchdowns. The 25-year-old also threw nine interceptions and was sacked 41 times.

Fan Poll
Would QB Tim Tebow excel in the CFL?
1) Yes
2) No

TSN CFL Insider Dave Naylor tweeted about the Tebow situation earlier Monday.

rsledge
Not only do I think he could play in the CFL, I already have an idea which team he would fit. Although he lacks the passing ability that the CFL requires for the wide-open style of offense that the CFL features, I feel that a little time with the right people will develop that skill set. I think that Tebow would be a good fit with the Winnipeg organization. The one piece that has been missing in Winnipeg the last couple of years is Buck Pierce. He has spent a good part of each of the last two seasons on the bench with injuries. Tebow offers the toughness to take a hit and keep getting up. If the Bombers could refine Tebow's skill set to go with the supporting cast of receivers and running backs that Winnipeg has in place, he could be the key to taking them to the top of the CFL.
May 02, 2013 - 7:25am

Cowboy1836
If Tim Tebow became a regular player in the CFL you could beam his games in to the USA and you would have millions of viewers even if it was Super Bowl time down here. I am a former Denver fan. I have a charity picture of Elway that I paid big bucks for............I use it to scare the mice out of my garden.
May 01, 2013 - 11:26pm

barnes
Could Tebow excel in the CFL and is it likely are the two completely different questions.
Yes Tebow could do great in the CFL, in an offense designed around him, with no short passes, lot's of zone reads or deep passes(which he was actually good at in Denver) AND after at least a season of being a back-up to an AC learning the CFL game.
Is it likely he'll do good, no because it's more likely he'll be rushed to play be it due to injury or on purpose and he'll likely put in an ill-suited offense(like the AC designed offense which is the exact opposite of what would work for Tebow)
The one thing is MTL owns his rights and odds are if he went there Popp would help the chances things are done properly.
May 01, 2013 - 7:07am
I think you hit the nail on the head!! als GM popp understands that if in fact the als sign tebow the offence has to be geared to tebow's strengths not his weaknesses and nowhere is it written that if he signs he ever starts!!
May 05, 2013 - 12:13pm

mdoldon
Yeah...NO. In the first place, this just isn't the league for his 'style' such as it is. He's got some running skills, but as a QB? No You have to be a superlative passer to make it here. And does anyone think the 'Tebowing' would really win him many supporters up here?
April 30, 2013 - 11:55pm
yes as a starting QB in ottawa next year or a b/up in montreal next season!! a starter in montreal? probably never!!
May 01, 2013 - 9:58am

vicarferds82
While his youth, mobility, and athleticism, make Tebow a potentially attractive fit in the CFL, his weak arm and poor accuracy are major liabilities in a three-down league. If he does move north, I hope Tebow competes for a starting spot, rather than relegating himself to pine-riding in Montreal.
April 30, 2013 - 4:41pm
with the next year ottawa rough riders!!
May 01, 2013 - 9:55am
This Old Man
I think they plan to call the team the Ottawa T-Bows.
May 01, 2013 - 1:01pm

hoying7
Beinga CFL fan in the USA is not easy but,Tim Tebow would be ideal for the league. A great draw,youngsters love him,& a clean lifestyle.Love to see him replace the oftinjures Buck Pierce but learning under Calvillo great too.
April 29, 2013 - 10:46pm
as I am in the USA!! he will made it in the CFL BUT will be a ROUGH ride!!
April 30, 2013 - 11:59am