Should the Lions consider giving Chad Johnson a look? | CFL.ca | Official Site of the Canadian Football League

THE CANADIAN PRES

VANCOUVER -- The CFL Twitterverse was abuzz on Thursday night, thanks to a tweet from former NFL star Chad Johnson.

Johnson, who last saw action in pre-season action with the Miami Dolphins in 2012, responded to a question from a fan asking him who he'll be signing with this off-season.

The always-colourful Johnson responded bluntly: The BC Lions.

rltrfrd
Chad Johnson has always been one of the NFL's bad boys...Who think that because they are professional atheletes rules don't apply to them. The CFL should do itself a favor and not bother with him at all, he is not worth the trouble he brings!

Also, I have been a CFL Fan since the 1970's and have always thought of the CFL as a Superior League...believe me with the Talent in the CFL, YOU don't need to bring in washed up NFL players north of the border, he wouldn't last anyway, field is too big.
March 17, 2014 - 3:02pm
AjaxEddiefan
@rltrfrd: My sentiments exactly. Couldn't have said it better.
March 18, 2014 - 4:08pm

AjaxEddiefan
Chad Johnson....didn't he play in the Nancy Football League?
March 17, 2014 - 5:50am

GC Bound
Kinda funny in a way, I mean CFL'ers heading south to "supposedly" start their professional career, AND NFL'ers coming north to END their careers. The funny part is, neither make it for any length of time....For the most part lol
GO Riders GO!
March 15, 2014 - 9:51pm

Sharky99
Another NFL has been wanting to restart his career. Art Schlichter called and said don't do it.
March 15, 2014 - 6:42pm
@S99: well ohio state U arthur schlichter says if any team needs to gamble on johnson it's the green and gold!!
March 16, 2014 - 11:11am
Sharky99
Without AC maybe the Als should pick him up to play QB, I mean Alex Brink ... really? Better hope Troy Smith can be consistent or pick-up Glenn.
March 16, 2014 - 1:43pm
@S99: maybe you should get OL bill stevenson out of mothballs to man at least one fifth of what you call an OL!!
March 17, 2014 - 5:59pm

Mcboyes
You know, as much as I don't like him that much, a little bit more personality would be interesting to see in the CFL.
March 15, 2014 - 1:25pm
@M: WHAT?!! get serious!!
March 16, 2014 - 12:16pm

have sent in 3 comments that weren't posted!! therefore wallyworld doesn't need to sign a broken down, over the hill, out of gas NFL problem child!! what do these ex-NFL players bring to the CFL other than nothing?!!
March 15, 2014 - 12:51pm
genre slur
The only people that want this guy to play in the CFL are the league's defensive units. Who doesn't want a low hanging fruit to pick and eat every time a ball goes his way. Seriously, he doesn't have the skill set. He would get eaten alive up here.
March 15, 2014 - 1:03pm

*C*F*L*
Nothing to see here Mr. Buono...keep moving along.
March 15, 2014 - 1:31am

boomboom99
Can't say I ever heard of this guy before but his numbers look good. Is he retired?
March 15, 2014 - 12:08am
RidersRide93
How can you be a football fan and not know about Chad Johnson. If it wasn't Randy Moss or Owens being talked about in the NFL it was Chad Johnson back when they were all in their prime. He is 36 now and his career ended a little early due to behaviour. I don't imagine he would be able to grasp the CFL game in time ever to make a difference to any team.
March 15, 2014 - 7:11am
@BB99: if you have no idea who johnson is then you are NO football fan on either side of the border!!
March 15, 2014 - 12:54pm
SaskyRiders
He was really good in his prime no doubt. If he came up here, I don't think he would be a 1000 yd+ receiver. My guess is is a #3 receiver that will get between 600-800 yards in a season. Just because he isn't in his prime, doesn't mean he can't compete. More space, and NFLers are definitely used to playing in small spaces. Like I said, easy #3 receiver, might be costly though!

When I watched/followed him in 2011(? or 2012) with the Patriots, supposedly be could not follow/grasp bill belichick's elaborate offensive system and that's why he barely started any games. If he isn't good at adjustments I would be worried about his transition to a CFL WR.
March 15, 2014 - 7:12pm

Cflslc
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I am not a Lions fan but I respect them. Do not do this to your organization.
March 14, 2014 - 11:58pm

montreal FYI: 3 als draft choices have signed NFL contracts: DT vaughn martin signs with detroit, DE tyrone crawford signs with dallas and C philip blake signs with arizona!! ex-als WR andre hawkins signs with cleveland!!
March 14, 2014 - 4:00pm