The Great Debate: Your favourite uniform | CFL.ca | Official Site of the Canadian Football League

CFL.ca

TORONTO -- The REDBLACKS unveiled their uniforms to the CFL world on Tuesday night, capping off 11 long months filled with anticipation from fans in Ottawa and across the country.

The uniform mixes the classic look of Ottawa football in red, black and white with bold new styling, which includes jerseys with numbering based on the team’s saw-blade logo, paying tribute to the history of the lumber industry in Ottawa-Gatineau.

The REDBLACKS will wear a black jersey, black helmet and black pants with red trim when playing at home at TD Place. The road uniform consists of a white jersey, white helmet and white pants with black stripes and red trim.

If you voted in the first edition of this Great Debate, have the REDBLACKS swayed your vote following the release of their new duds?

Or do the classic Green and White of the Roughriders still take the cake in your mind? How about the famed Double Blue of the Argonauts?

Who can deny the beauty of the Ticats Black and Gold? What about Edmonton's Green and Gold? Or Winnipeg's Blue and Gold?

Is BC Orange and Black more your speed? Maybe you're more of a Stampeders Red type of person. The Alouettes have only been around since the mid-90s, but there's no denying that their dark red, white and blue have their place in the jersey history books.

We're sure we can go back and forth forever - alongside all of you - on which uniform is quote unquote best, but we'd rather leave that to you.

Today's Debate: What is your favourite current jersey in the CFL?

BC Lions Orange and Black

Edmonton Green and Gold

Calgary Red and Black

Saskatchewan Green and White

Winnipeg Blue and Gold

Hamilton Black and Gold

Toronto Double Blue

Montreal Red, White, Blue

Ottawa Red and Black

Fan Poll
Which team has your favourite uniforms in the CFL?
1) BC Lions
2) Calgary Stampeders
3) Edmonton Eskimos
4) Saskatchewan Roughriders
5) Winnipeg Blue Bombers
6) Hamilton Tiger-Cats
7) Toronto Argonauts
8) Ottawa REDBLACKS
9) Montreal Alouettes

dhawk11
Lions Black 3rd Jersey is the best!!!!
followed next by Hamilton black jersey
worst is the White and green sask jersey
May 06, 2014 - 11:58pm

harringm
Forget the jerseys: The bigger question is why does Ottawa still have that stupid name? A year was plenty of time for someone to realise that it is the stupidest name in all of professional sports --- in any country.
May 06, 2014 - 10:15pm

True Double Blue
Best unis are Tiger-cats black and yellow. Yes, yellow, not gold.

I used to always like my hometown Argonauts unis, but the most recent version is disappointing.
Most boring unis are B.C. Lions, with the obvious exception of their alternates.

Most improved unis since the recent change is Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Love their "away" unis especially!
May 06, 2014 - 6:55pm

Stamps4Evah
Love the Stamps colors but I miss the white pants of the past. Can anyone explain why the Ticats and Eskies off color is referred to as gold when it is clearly yellow. The Bombers, now that's gold.
May 06, 2014 - 1:48pm

Lionsfan65
I'll have to go with the lions all black uniforms here.
May 06, 2014 - 12:04pm

montreal alouettes FYI: montreal press conference tomorrow to announce #57 G scott flory's retirement!! also montreal will return to bishop's U for yet another TC!!
May 05, 2014 - 6:42pm

Horses123
I'm a Horseman but I voted for the Eskimos. I like their colors. Right now all teams have nice uniforms.
May 05, 2014 - 11:44am
brianjox
I agree 100 percent. All uniforms are great. Loved Esks over the years. However last 2 years their dress has been awful. But other 7 HAVE GOT MUCH BETTER. Thanks
May 05, 2014 - 11:41pm

saskman100
I think the Bombers blue uniform is nice and the Als uniform is good. I am not interested in the uniforms as much as I am who wears the uniform. Green is the color here in Riderville, and all the players who are here look good in green as well as I am sure you would say the same thing about your team. I would rather focus on the players more than the uniforms. Go Green.
May 05, 2014 - 10:50am

QuickdrawMcgraw
I like the uniform the lions introduced last year...I think they called the colour gun black...READYYY...BREAK...
May 05, 2014 - 10:24am

I guess most fans will choose their own teams uniform!! therefore montreal's home red/white/blue/silver jersey and blue pants and/or red pants, red jersey plus white helmet with red wings!!
May 05, 2014 - 9:27am
small town argo
You're absolutely right. Most if not all fans will just choose their own team. I obviously love the Argos uni's but I would say B.C and Calgary are the best.
May 05, 2014 - 9:53am
@ar Well of COURSE most fans will choose their own team unless they really don't like the team's uniform! Nothing like classic black and gold! Now just what colours will the RBs have chosen?? LOL!
May 05, 2014 - 10:51am
the cfl fan
I personally favour the Stamps uniform the best, but always feel biased choosing the Stamps uniform, as I'm initially from Calgary. Half of it is in what you're used to seeing, I suppose, but I must say that the more muted tones of, for example, the Argos, just don't inspire as much excitement in me as some other teams (such as the Stamps more vibrant red), so I don't think that it's only a matter of personal bias.
May 05, 2014 - 12:35pm