CFL – Account Manager, Corporate Partnerships
Position Title: Account Manager, Corporate Partnerships
Department: Corporate Partnerships
Immediate Supervisor(s): Senior Account Manager,Corporate Partnerships
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Toronto, ON
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships, this person will be the lead on key partnership accounts. The Account Manager, Corporate Partnerships will provide exceptional client service, generate powerful marketing activations, and enable the broader commercial team to create synergistic marketing programs with our partners.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead management of key client relationships; execution of partner contract deliverables, including co-branded season-long partnership promotions, post-season game-day activities, digital content, and hospitality.
- Develop strategic marketing initiatives that deliver partner objectives.
- Manage budgets and suppliers.
- Lead the execution of VIP partner events throughout the year.
- Work with CFL team representatives to deliver assets and sponsor programs, i.e. digital activations as well as traditional media execution through signage, regular season tickets, etc.
- Analyze sponsor activation performance, make sound strategic conclusions and communicate them through the presentation of post season reports
- Work with the Marketing/Events group to ensure effective fulfillment of post-season in-stadium execution for all assigned accounts.
- Liaise with suppliers/contractors on all sponsor-related programs and initiatives, i.e. website, signage, promotional trips, hotel needs, tickets, merchandise, player and Grey Cup trophy appearances.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE)
Education and Experience:
- Post secondary degree / diploma in marketing, business, sports administration or other related discipline
- Minimum 3-5 years applied account management experience
Job Specific Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead with little supervision
- Excellent inter-personal skills – skillful at building and fostering relationships
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Computer skills – high level of proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Understanding of core marketing concepts, activating sponsorships, valuation, program customization
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
KEY LEAGUE RELATIONSHIPS / CONTACTS
- League Partners and their sponsorship agencies
- League staff (office and Club)
- Marketing and digital groups
- League affiliated Committees, organizations and suppliers
- General public and fans
- May be required to travel for most of the month of November
- May be required to travel during the season to select CFL cities for playoff and/ or Grey Cup preparation
- Must have a valid driver’s license
If interested, please send cover letter and résume to Bree Kruklis, Senior Account Manager, Corporate Partnerships ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Football League. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.