TORONTO – As the CFL ON TSN gets ready to kick off Week 3, TSN announced Wednesday new enhancements to select broadcasts throughout the season. Starting this weekend, TSN is unveiling a multifaceted viewing experience with the return of live mics, and the addition of an all-new ref cam.
CFL fans have never been closer to the game with the return of live mics to the CFL ON TSN. Featured in 18 games this season, including four games for each CFL team, coaches and quarterbacks will be mic’d for the select games to catch calls, cadences, and collisions to make viewers feel like they’re part of the huddle. Live mics make their 2018 debut when the Winnipeg Blue Bombers visit the Hamilton Tiger-Cats this Friday, June 29 at 7 p.m. on TSN.
Giving fans a first-hand look at the game’s top plays, and getting them up-close and personal with their favourite players, the new ref cam delivers a full referee experience to viewers. Appearing weekly, the ref cam shows viewers what the head ref sees, as well as replay footage and unique vantage points during reviews. The ref cam debuts this Saturday, June 30 as the Montreal Alouettes visit the Saskatchewan Roughriders at 9 p.m. ET on TSN.
“The new production features being added to our CFL broadcasts provide viewers with an immersive experience that puts them in the middle of the action,” said Paul Graham, Vice-President and Executive Producer of Live Events, TSN. “We value the great cooperation of the CFL, CFLPA, and all nine teams in providing a viewing experience for Canadian football fans unlike anything they’ve seen before.”
Fans from coast-to-coast-to-coast can catch live mics during the following broadcasts (visit TSN.ca for the complete CFL ON TSN broadcast schedule):
• Friday, June 29 at 7 p.m. ET – Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Hamilton Tiger-Cats
• Friday, July 6 at 7 p.m. ET – Ottawa Redblacks at Montreal Alouettes
• Friday, July 13 at 8:30 p.m. ET – Toronto Argonauts at Edmonton Eskimos
• Saturday, July 21 at 9 p.m. ET – Montreal Alouettes at Calgary Stampeders
• Friday, July 27 at 8 pm. ET – Toronto Argonauts at Winnipeg Blue Bombers
• Thursday, August 2 at 10 p.m. ET – Saskatchewan Roughriders at Edmonton Eskimos
• Thursday, August 9 at 9:30 p.m. ET – Edmonton Eskimos at BC Lions
• Sunday, August 19 at 7 p.m. ET – Calgary Stampeders at Saskatchewan Roughriders
• Saturday, August 25 at 3:30 p.m. ET – Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Calgary Stampeders
• Friday, August 31 at 7 p.m. ET – Montreal Alouettes at Ottawa Redblacks
• Friday, September 7 at 10 p.m. ET – Ottawa Redblacks at BC Lions
• Friday, September 14 at 7 p.m. ET – BC Lions at Montreal Alouettes
• Saturday, September 22 at 7 p.m. ET – Saskatchewan Roughriders at Toronto Argonauts
• Saturday, September 29 at 4 p.m. ET – BC Lions at Hamilton Tiger-Cats
• Monday, October 8 at 4 p.m. ET – Edmonton Eskimos at Saskatchewan Roughriders
• Friday, October 12 at 7 p.m. ET – Hamilton Tiger-Cats at Toronto Argonauts
• Friday, October 19 at 7 pm. ET – Hamilton Tiger-Cats at Ottawa Redblacks
• Friday, October 26 at 8 p.m. ET – Calgary Stampeders at Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The ref cam will appear in one game weekly. The upcoming schedule includes:
• Saturday, June 30 at 9 p.m. ET – Montreal Alouettes at Saskatchewan Roughriders
• Saturday, July 7 at 8:30 p.m. ET – BC Lions at Winnipeg Blue Bombers
• Thursday, July 12 at 7 p.m. ET – Calgary Stampeders at Ottawa Redblacks
• Saturday, July 21 at 4 p.m. ET – Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Toronto Argonauts
• Saturday, July 28 at 4 p.m. ET – Ottawa Redblacks at Hamilton Tiger-Cats
Get all the top stories from across the league delivered to your inbox.