Game Day Pass: A fan’s guide to Touchdown Atlantic in Moncton
MONCTON — Kickoff of Touchdown Atlantic is just hours away as the Montreal Alouettes and Toronto Argonauts put the finishing touches on their game plan for Sunday.
Preparation for the players and coaches is key and so too is it for fans attending the first CFL game in the Maritimes in six years.
For that reason, CFL.ca has you covered for everything you need to know before heading to the stadium.
While at the stadium
- Tickets can be purchased by clicking here
- Gates open to the public at Noon local
- The first 5,000 people to enter the gates will receive Telus eye-black stickers
- Atlantic Schooners, Montreal Alouettes and Toronto Argonauts merchandise and gear will be sold at the stadium
- Timbits Football will take the field at halftime to compete in a mini-game at the break
- Pro Line Stadium Bets booth will be available for fans to make bets and to register for a chance to take part in a on-field contest ‘Kick for cup’
- Tim Hortons will be sampling Coffee, frozen lemonade and slushies
Before the game
- Festivities leading into the game get started at 10am local. Tickets to the pre-game party can be purchased at the door for $10.00 and include a hot dog and soft drink
- Sunday’s official Coin Toss will honour Triston Reece, a 19-year-old murder victim from Halifax. His mother, Dale Russell, along with 12 friends and family will flip the ceremonial coin.
- The anthem will be sung by the Les Jeunes Chanteurs D’Acadie choir
- The flag party will be provided by the 2nd Battalion of the Royal Canadian Regiment stationed in Gagetown, NB
Additional Game Experiences
- The Tim Hortons Family Zone presented by New Country 96.9 is sold out and will feature activities such as face painting for young CFL fans. Seating in this section is limited so families are encouraged to bring blankets to find additional spots on the grassy hill inside designated area
- The Budweiser Party Zone presented C 103 will feature giveaways and sampling of Bud Orange and Palm Bay to the first 300 party zone ticket holders
- DJ Maz & Master Mixx will be providing the in-game entertainment from the party zone
- The Park N’ Ride program will leave from the Moncton Coliseum Parking Lot (377 Killam Drive) and take fans on a direct transit route to the stadium. The shuttle drop off zone will be near the stadium, and will allow fans to walk directly to the gate.
- Bracelets will be available for purchase on event day at the Park ‘N Ride booths in the Moncton Coliseum parking lot (cash only) – $15/person (tax included).
- Shuttles will depart from the Moncton Coliseum beginning at 11 a.m. Post-event shuttles will depart from the same drop-off location near the stadium and will continue to transport event-goers to the Moncton Coliseum until all customers have been served.
- Carpooling to the Moncton Coliseum is encouraged!
- Bracelets will be sold on a first come, first serve basis.
- Visit codiactranspo.ca and click on ‘Bus Catcher’ to plan the best route to the Croix Bleue Medavie Stadium. Regular fee applies: $2.75/person/ride.
- Event-goers who wish to bike or walk to the game can access Croix Bleue Medavie Stadium by entering the campus via regular access points:
• Antonine-Maillet Avenue (South of the Croix Bleue Medavie Stadium, general spectators)
• Antonine-Maillet Avenue (South West of the Croix Bleue Medavie Stadium, accessible entrance)
• McLaughlin Drive (East of the Croix Bleue Medavie Stadium, general spectators).
- Bike lock-ups are available adjacent to the stadium box office.
- Those spectators wishing to be dropped off at the event (personal vehicle, taxi, etc.) can do so at Hillside Drive and Massey Avenue.
- Accessible drop-off areas at the Croix Bleue Medavie Stadium can be accessed via Pascal-Poirier Street, with the proper accessible identification.
- Croix Bleue Medavie Stadium has a partnership with Ability Transit to provide service for spectators who require special assistance. Spectators are encouraged to contact Ability Transit directly to arrange for service at (506) 853-3055.
IMPORTANT TRAFFIC INFORMATION
Parking on the Université de Moncton campus will be prohibited on Sunday, August 25. Beginning at 9:30 a.m. on game day, Université Avenue, between Clément-Cormier Street and Morton Avenue, will be closed. Both intersections will remain open.