TORONTO — Zach Collaros took first-team reps with the Blue Bombers this week.
Trevor Harris is likely to line up behind centre for the Eskimos against Saskatchewan.
Plus, Cody Fajardo signed a two-year deal with the Roughriders.
The latest news and notes from Week 20 in this week’s Checking Down:
Jump to team:
|BC | Calgary | Edmonton | Saskatchewan | Winnipeg | Hamilton | Toronto | Ottawa | Montreal|
– The Eskimos have activated quarterback Trevor Harris from the six-game injured list ahead of the team’s Week 20 game against the Riders (CFL.ca).
– We’re down to the final two weeks of the regular season and there are some matchups remaining that could determine the playoff outlook, including a tough schedule for the Eskimos (CFL.ca).
– The Edmonton Eskimos will look to win their final home game of the season against the Riders as they welcome starting quarterback Trevor Harris back into the fold (CFL.ca).
– A day after signing a two-year contract extension, does Fajardo belong in the MOP conversation? (Chris O’Leary, CFL.ca).
– The Roughriders vastly improved their odds in the CFL Simulation with a Week 19 victory over the BC Lions (CFL.ca).
WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS
– WR Darvin Adams returned to the field on Tuesday and was working with the first-team offence (Ed Tait, BlueBombers.com).
– WR Drew Wolitarsky was hurt late in practice on Tuesday and left the field (Bob Irving, 680CJOB).
– Over the last month and a half, no quarterback in the CFL has been better than Dane Evans. Where does he rank in this week’s Rockstar QB Index? (CFL.ca).
– Two Ticats, QB Dane Evans and RB Tyrell Sutton, were named Shaw Top Performers after Week 19 (CFL.ca).
– McLeod Bethel-Thompson was one of the most accurate passers after Week 19 with his performance against the Alouettes (Marshall Ferugson, CFL.ca).
– Talk with anyone in the Argos’ organization and they’re already in 2020. CFL.ca’s Chris O’Leary writes on the outlook of the Boatmen (Chris O’Leary, CFL.ca).
– Toronto is expected to rotate their quarterbacks this weekend against the REDBLACKS, starting with McLeod Bethel-Thompson (Frank Zicarelli, Toronto Sun).
– In roster news, the Argos signed American defensive back Cameron Glenn to the team’s practice roster (Argonauts.ca).
– The REDBLACKS have scored just 16 touchdowns so far in 2019 and the team knows that the offence needs to be better (Tim Baines, Postmedia).
– With the playoffs out of the picture, should the REDBLACKS give the global players an opportunity to play? (Tim Baines, Postmedia).
– Things have changed quite a bit for the Ottawa REDBLACKS in the last year. CFL.ca’s Marshall Ferguson explains how (Marshall Ferguson, CFL.ca).
– For the Als, it didn’t matter how they got the win on Friday night against the Argos, it just matters that they did (Chris O’Leary, CFL.ca).