TORONTO — Training camp is well underway as all teams are getting prepared for the opening of the 2021 season on August 5.
Jump to team:
|BC | Calgary | Edmonton | Saskatchewan | Winnipeg | Hamilton | Toronto | Ottawa | Montreal|
– The BC Lions announced on Tuesday that defensive line coach Leroy Blugh will not remain with the team for 2021 and is returning home to attend to some personal and health matters (CFL.ca).
– Playing with a star quarterback and surrounded by talented receivers, Shaq Cooper looks to establish himself as a top running back in the league while bringing some balance to the BC Lions’ offence (Jim Morris, CFL.ca).
– Head coach Jaime Elizondo said that while Stafford did some good things in camp, there were some areas that made him not a ‘cultural fit’ and the team decided to go in a different direction (Dave Campbell, 630CHED).
– With Derel Walker out of quarantine and on the field with his team, the Edmonton Elks can begin integrating one of their top offensive weapons ahead of their season-opener (CFL.ca).
WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS
– With Crapigna now in the fold, kicker Marc Liegghio says he expected competition in camp for the starting spot (Darren Bauming, Bonfire Sports).
– After sustaining an injury during a drill on Tuesday, head coach Mike O’Shea confirmed on Wednesday that receiver Darvin Adams isn’t expected to miss a significant amount of time (Darren Bauming, Bonfire Sports).
– With fans allowed at practice, linebacker Simoni Lawrence told the media he was very excited about seeing them back in the stands (Ticats.ca).
– Receiver Bralon Addison is hoping to spoil the Blue Bombers home opener when the Ticats head to Winnipeg to kickoff the 2021 season (Justin Dunk, 3DownNation).
– The Toronto Argonauts announced today they have signed American RB D.J. Foster (CFL.ca).
– Head coach Ryan Dinwiddie confirmed that QB Nick Arbuckle had minorly tweaked his hamstring but was back out practicing on Wednesday (TSN.ca).
– Dinwiddie also confirmed that Odell Willis was placed on the suspended list so he could stay home to be there for the birth of his child (TSN.ca).
– From the head coach to the young o-lineman, to the running back and the quarterback, the Ottawa REDBLACKS’ offence is stocked with people looking to take advantage of an opportunity (Matthew Cauz, CFL.ca).