Account Executive, Broadcasting
Position Title: Account Executive, Broadcasting
Department: Revenue and Marketing
Direct Manager: Vice President, Marketing
Date: April, 2023
Company Description :
The Canadian Football League is Canada’s home for professional football. With over a century of rich history and nine member teams across the nation, the CFL provides world-class entertainment and excitement to a passionate and dedicated fan base. A season-long journey of unforgettable moments and must-see-TV broadcasts culminates in Canada’s largest single-day sporting event – the Grey Cup, where the newly crowned champions earn the right to hoist the iconic emblem of Canadian football.
The CFL leads a global movement to grow and modernize the game. The league is committed to a global vision as it connects with fans around the world. It is transforming into a digital-first sports league through an innovative, first-of-its-kind partnership with Genius Sports to maximize fan engagement through data analytics, technological advances, and sports betting.
Just as important as its industry-leading operations, the CFL proudly champions the values on which Canada was built – unity, diversity, inclusion, strength, and service to the community. The league is supportive of all peoples, cultures, and backgrounds, offering a respectful and inclusive working and playing environment, centered on acceptance and understanding. The CFL’s successes are measured not only on the field and within its ranks, but also in its unparalleled impact in affecting positive change and bettering Canadian communities and lives.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Marketing, the Canadian Football League is looking for a highly organized and driven Account Executive, Broadcasting to support the league’s broadcast execution, working closely with domestic and international broadcasting partners, streaming providers, and the nine (9) member clubs.
• Support day-to-day oversight and execution of all deliverables included in domestic and international broadcast partnerships, including league-wide production deliverables to contribute to the broadcast experience.
• Work closely with CFL Content and Marketing teams to optimize use of all marketing assets included within broadcasting agreements to contribute to key league outcomes.
• Support amplification of league-wide initiatives through CFL broadcasts by working closely with VP, Marketing, and broadcasters.
• Liaise with CFL Communications team, CFL Game Presentation, CFL Football Operations team, CFL member clubs, and domestic broadcaster to communicate and approve changes relating to game timing, and other special requests.
• Work collaboratively with CFL Content and Marketing teams, CFL Digital Marketing, and broadcasters to identify new ways to promote and drive broadcast viewership through advertising and content development.
• Support acquisition and documentation of required music clearances related to broadcast performances, production, and promotion, working with broadcasters and 3rd party.
• Support measurement and report sharing on key broadcast metrics, while staying up-to-date on broadcasting trends in Canada and internationally.
• Work with Grey Cup & Events team to fulfill contractual hospitality-related broadcaster obligations.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience):
• Strong background in account management with the ability to track and execute on multiple distinct deliverables simultaneously.
• Proactive self-starter, establishing best-in-class systems and processes to drive growth and mitigate risk.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively internally across several areas of the business and externally with partners.
• Highly organized, team player with an ability to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced, everchanging environment.
• Tenacious with a track record for getting things done where others would have given up.
• Minimum of four years’ experience working in marketing, account management, or in broadcast production is required.
• A strong understanding of sports and Canadian football is a definite asset.
• Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline; or equivalent work experience.
• VP, Marketing
• Director, Content & Marketing
• Director, Digital Marketing
• Sr. Manager, Brand & Design
• Manager, Stadium Operations, Grey Cup & Events
• AVP, Communications & Public Affairs
• AVP, Digital Transformation
• AVP, Technology & Software
• AVP, Licensing and Retail
• Nine (9) Member Clubs
The CFL League Office is in Toronto. Most employees are working remotely or hybrid. Must be willing and able to attend meetings or other business events at the league office or other venues as business needs dictate. Proof of vaccination is a condition of employment.
If interested, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
We are working to create a more diverse and inclusive work environment and welcome applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people living with disabilities and people identifying as LGBTQ2S+.