CFL – Administrative Assistant, Corporate Partnerships
The Canadian Football League is seeking an energetic and ambitious individual for an exciting opportunity with the Corporate Partnerships department at the League Office in Toronto. The Administrative Assistant, Corporate Partnership will provide operational and project-related support to the Corporate Partnerships business development and account management teams.
- Assist the Sr. Director of Corporate Partnerships in identifying department process and operational efficiencies, league-wide partnership governance, along with internal and external stakeholder communication.
- Support the business development team on strategic long and short term sales projects to advance the League partnerships business; prepare business briefs and conduct partner and prospective partner research.
- Work closely with the business development team and internal departments (i.e. Account Management, Graphic Design, Research, Digital Products & Events) to develop sales material support on a regular basis (i.e. sales decks, proposals and valuations).
- On an ongoing basis, develop processes for proactively collecting and sharing prospective partner industry knowledge on emerging and priority categories, as well as advertising/marketing industry trends and best practices.
- Track department asset and event inventory for the business development and account management team (i.e. tickets, in-game assets, hotels, promotional trips etc.).
- Manage ongoing department hospitality and hosting requirements for clients as required (i.e. CFL regular season, CFL Playoffs, Grey Cup Championship, Grey Cup Festival)
- Build and maintain excellent professional relationships with colleagues, vendors, stakeholders and external clients.
- Provide administrative and operational support to the Sr. Director and business development team to maximize department efficiencies and productivity (e.g. expense reports, meeting coordination and minutes, F&B orders for meetings, contract development, travel arrangements…etc)
- Assist Corporate Partnerships with special projects for the business development and account management teams.
- Manage league-wide communication correspondence with member club partnership teams via coordination of monthly calls (emails, conference calls, minutes summary, etc.)
- Oversee, existing and new vendor relationship management that contributes to the success of the partnerships business (e.g. CRM system, sales software, presentation software systems, 3rd party research, etc.).
- Working with the account management team, assist with the preparation, logistics, and execution of CFL partner events, and activations, (e.g. CFL playoffs and Grey Cup partner activations; hosting events and ongoing relationship building initiatives)
- Process the fulfillment of partner contests, gift certificate redemption and donation giveaways
- On-site event support during one-off partner events, playoffs & Grey Cup
- Various administrative tasks such as filing, courier, printing, invoicing, contract generation etc.
- Other special projects & duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE):
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Administration or equivalent experience
- Proven experience providing operational support to a team of professionals
- Highly organized and process-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet tight time lines in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Experience with special projects and events and developing streamlined systems and processes
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to build relationships at all levels both internally and externally
- Knowledge of sports and entertainment industry, sponsorship and the Canadian Football League would be a definite asset
Job Specific Skills and Abilities
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint.)
- A self-motivated team player who proactively solves problems and anticipates needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Operates with discretion and tact and maintains confidentiality
KEY RELATIONSHIPS / CONTACTS:
- League staff (office and member clubs)
- League Partners and their agencies
- League affiliated committees, organizations and suppliers
- General public and fans
- Some travel may be required for the role for select CFL League events (i.e. CFL Week, Congress, CFL Playoffs or Grey Cup)
- Some CFL game attendance required for event management or hosting support
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario
If interested, please send a résume to Alissa Mancuso, Corporate Governance & Executive Assistant (email@example.com ).
Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Football League. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Football League will provide reasonable accommodation in the job application process for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have difficulty with our application process and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.