CFL – Freelance Content Producer
Position Title: Freelance Content Producer
Department: Digital Content
Immediate Supervisor(s): Coordinator, Content
Duration: June 2019 – December 2019
The Canadian Football League is looking for a hard-working, passionate, detail-oriented individual for an exciting paid, seven-month freelance contract with the Digital Content department at the League head office in Toronto. Having fun and being a team player is required. Exceptional attention to detail is a must.
In this freelance position, you will assist the Digital Content team at the League head office in Toronto by focusing on content production and story development for the CFL website, mobile applications and various social media properties. This is a freelance position that will require some weekend and/or evening work.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Writing, editing and posting written content to CFL.ca and The Snap
- Coordinating content from the teams and the CFL’s stable of writers
- Acting as a frequent staff writer and contributor to original content posted on CFL.ca
- Collaborating on content strategy and relevant storylines
- Updating rosters, stats, and bios on CFL.ca
- Maintaining and managing photo archive
- Writing and distributing weekly content plan email to all member clubs
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE)
Education and Experience:
- Journalism, Broadcast, Digital Media student (or related program)
- Effective time manager able to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively unsupervised
- Keen interest in pursuing a career in the sports industry
- Proficient using a content management system (CMS) and/or HTML
- Experience with Photoshop or other image editing software is an asset
- Fluent in the operation and language of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
If interested, please send resume via email to Kristina Costabile (email@example.com).
Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Football League. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.