CFL – Junior Coordinator, Events & Production
Position Title: Junior Coordinator, Events & Production
Department: Events & Production
Immediate Supervisor(s): Manager, Events & Production
Start Date: May 2017 to December 2017
Location: Toronto, ON
This position will provide support to the Events and Production division with a specific focus on the 105th Grey Cup – which is annually Canada’s largest single sporting event. This position will also be required to assist in the planning and execution of other key CFL events.
The position will report to the Manager, Events & Production but will be accountable to other senior members of the team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with planning, budget management and all administrative aspects of events (PO’s, invoices, cheque requisitions, maintenance of files, equipment, shipping, etc.) as directed.
- Assist with stadium operations & production as it pertains to the CFL Playoffs and 105thGrey Cup.
- Assist with weekly event update meetings – notes, communications, etc.
- Coordinate the Grey Cup trophy appearance schedule for Grey Cup week. Coordinate all internal and external requests as they are submitted.
- Liaise & support the development of CFL Properties (i.e. State of the League, CFL Kick Off, #GCTweetUp, etc.).
- Assist with the production of the game script (i.e. PA announcements, partner & internal obligations, etc.)
- Liaise with external 3rd party suppliers and or affiliates on postseason related projects and tasks (i.e. volunteer procurement, coordination, production support.)
- Order/coordinate equipment & supplies required for event execution.
- Liaise with relevant departments on approvals & assignments – i.e. Marketing, Partnerships, Communications and Football Operations.
- Lead and/or assist with event set up & tear down
- Perform other tasks as required.
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to multi-task and set/reset priorities.
- Professional, presentable & reliable
- Ability to take the lead on projects
- Ability to manage various relationships
- Maintain composure under stressful situations.
- Computer skills include proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Travel may be required/ considered on a case by case basis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Hold a related college diploma/university degree in Sports Administration and/or Entertainment/Event Management
- One year progressive experience in the event management/hospitality industry
- Chelsea McDermott, Manager, Events & Production
- Trevor Stone, Coordinator, Events & Production
If interested, please send cover letter and résume to Trevor Stone, Coordinator, Events & Production ( email@example.com ).
Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Football League. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.