Position Title: Lead Web Developer
Department: Media Technology
Immediate Supervisor(s): Director, Media Technology
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Toronto, ON
Under the direction of the Director of Technology, the Lead Web Developer would lead the development of the web properties of the Canadian Football League, including CFL.ca, LCF.ca and its team websites.
We employ a small, top-notch team of experienced graphics designers, product managers and fellow developers who blend structured requirements gathering with lots of face-to-face interactions to work together and create a terrific website experience. All team members are empowered to bring their own ideas of how to make the digital experiences of the Canadian Football League truly great; so bring your ideas and opinions – not just your coding skills.
This position is a full-time role located at the CFL headquarters at 50 Wellington St. E.
Work within a cross-functional team to develop CFL.ca, LCF.ca, the team websites and the CFL API to enhance the site visitor experience, backend editorial tools and statistical information made available to the public.
- Architect and develop the CFL API, a PHP-based REST API that serves statistical data to CFL.ca, the CFL Mobile app and various external partners
- Manage communication with the Canadian Football League’s server administrator / operations staff, proactively scheduling server performance
- Write and maintain automated tests for new and modified pages and API endpoints
- Act as the technical lead on all web projects, meeting with internal stakeholders to define and implement technical solutions to meet business needs
- Work with the Director of Technology to provide estimates and status updates
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE)
- 4+ years working with the WordPress CMS to build themes and plugins
- 4+ years experience with MySQL databases
- Full stack experience on the Amazon AWS platform is preferred
- Small company or startup experience is preferred
- Experience working in an Agile development environment is preferred
- A passion for football or another professional sport is a big plus
If interested, please send cover letter and résume to Sully Syed, Director, Media Technology ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Football League. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.