Graphic Designer, Brand (Contract)
Position Title: Graphic Designer, Brand (Contract)
Department: Revenue & Marketing Operations
Direct Manager: Senior Manager, Brand
Date: Contract end date December 23, 2023
The CFL’s deep Canadian roots and proud legacy spanning more than 100 years are brought to life by its fan-facing content and initiatives. Our incredible fans are constantly evolving with how they listen, watch and consume this great game and like our fans, this league is also evolving.
The Graphic Designer is a key member of the CFL’s in-house creative team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, and working closely with the design team, the Graphic Designer will assist in brand projects with a focus on thoughtful production, iconography and execution. The candidate is an innovative thinker with strong production skills, and understanding of layout, typography, application, and color theory.
The position requires frequent interaction and collaboration with other functional departments and stakeholders (e.g. Marketing, Events, Partnerships, etc.).
• Develop concepts around key brand and fan touchpoints (e.g., digital campaigns, the Grey Cup and other league-run events)
• Design and refine various marketing materials including signage, style guides, brochures, print ads, digital ads, social media graphics, creative toolkits, and presentations
• Layout of a wide range of visual assets, from single-page ads to large environmental and directional signage
• Explore and design production print graphics, as well as environmental signage and large-scale pageantry
• Provide support to the creative team’s general workflow: design and production
• Apply strong knowledge of typography, layout, basic photo/retouching skills
• Create logos
• Meticulous production skills and attention to detail
• Degree/Certificate in Graphic Design or equivalent
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
• Superior organization, time management skills
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Committed to producing high quality work while adhering to accepted processes
• Strong knowledge and understanding of design concepts and techniques, as well as brand systems
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint.
• Ability to receive constructive feedback with a positive attitude and follow creative direction
• Sports fan/knowledge is a bonus
• Only candidates who submit website or PDF work samples will be considered.
• Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends when needed
• May be required to travel
• CFL League Office is in Toronto. Due to COVID-19 Health & Safety protocols, employees are working remotely. Must be willing and able to attend meetings or other business events at the league office or other venue as business needs dictate.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com