The Canadian Football League is committed to creating a workplace culture that promotes inclusivity, diversity, equity, and accessibility. The CFL recognizes and respects the values and perspectives of all employees in hopes of fostering positive learning and working environments. It encourages collaboration, and an interconnected and supportive team culture, where everyone is heard, diversity of thought and experience is valued, and every idea is considered based on merit and potential.
The league practices involvement and acceptance to develop a strong and empowering environment that furthers the league’s objectives on the field, across its business, and in its standing as a contributing member of Canadian society.
Diversity In Football Program presented by Securian Canada
Representation is foundational to recognizing and incorporating the many peoples and communities that make up Canadian society. The goal of the Diversity in Football Program is to create a platform through which talented individuals are able to express their cultural knowledge, identities and experiences to contribute to the growth of Canadian football.
This development program will make use of CFL teams’ training camps to provide a meaningful opportunity for successful candidates to experience coaching, or the football and business operations sides of the league.
The program’s guiding principles are centred upon:
- Learning: Participants will be able to observe, listen and take in the knowledge necessary to excel at the role.
- Action: Participants will be able to put their learnings into practice to contribute towards fulfilling the objectives of the role.
- Development: Participants will receive constructive feedback on performance to further skill development and improvement within the field.
- Preparation: Participants will gain the knowledge, skills and networking opportunities to help prepare them for future opportunities and the possibility of career-advancement in a similar role.
Apply to the Diversity in Football Program presented by Securian Canada here. The application process is open from February 10 to February 25, 2023.
In order to be eligible for the program, candidates:
- Must declare and warrant that they can work in Canada.
- Must NOT be former participants in the Diversity in Football Program.
- Must meet at least one of the below requirements:
- Current or former flag-football, touch-football or tackle football player
- Current or former flag-football, touch-football or tackle football coach Certified or in the process of being certified by the Canadian Athletic Therapists Association (CATA) or equivalent
- Certified or in the process of being Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) designation from the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Sport management student/graduate or another related diploma.
The League Office does not mandate program elements, nor does it oversee each team’s hiring process.
The league recommends that program administrators at the member clubs:
- Follow best practices in creating an immersive and educational experience for participants.
- Hire participants for the four-week period during training camp and at least one regular season game.
- Maintain a set meeting schedule to discuss areas of improvement and offer guidance.
Each Member Club will develop a program tailored to the needs of their organization. Participants may enjoy a different experience as a result.
Applicants must apply for the Diversity in Football Program presented by Securian Canada by February 25, 2023. Following the deadline, the League Office will share the submissions with all nine CFL member clubs. Each member club will then select candidates of interest and complete the interview and offer process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this program and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Program specifics, including responsibilities and management will be decided at the team-level, and then communicated with successful candidates by March 27.
Any inquiries can be directed to email@example.com.
About Securian Canada
Securian Canada is a leading insurance provider of innovative, life-ready insurance solutions in Canada. Learn more at securiancanada.ca.