Position Title: Executive Assistant
Department: Executive Team (EXCO)
Direct Manager: Chief Financial Officer & Head of People and Office Operations
Date: April 2023
The Executive Assistant will directly contribute to the growth and success of the league office business. Our ideal candidate will be a executive assistant to two executives: the Chief Football Operations Officer & Head of Grey Cup & Events and the Chief Financial Officer & Head of People and Office Operations. Reporting directly to the CFO & Head of People & Office Operations, the EA will be proactive, extremely organized, and able to problem solve while under pressure with minimal direction. The incumbent has experience working with highly confidential and sensitive information and operates with discretion. The successful candidate is a critical thinker with excellent verbal and written communication skills, impeccable attention to detail, and an above average work ethic. The EA excels in a fast-paced environment and thrives on challenge. A natural relationship builder and collaborator, the incumbent works both efficiently and effectively to achieve results. The EA is confident in their ability to keep both executives organized and to assume a variety of administrative tasks to free them up to focus on more strategic, value added work. Administrative tasks will include but will not be limited to: email, calendar, travel and expenses management and general day-to-day administration and project management. Coordinating meetings, taking meeting minutes, creating follow up action plans, and preparing presentations.
• Provide calendar management for both executives. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
• Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the executives’ ability to effectively lead their functional areas, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meeting with internal and external stakeholders; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; managing travel itineraries; completing expense reports; and other administrative tasks as assigned. Manage all requests and queries appropriately with professionalism, accuracy, and a keen sense of urgency.
• Serve as a point of contact on all matters pertaining to both executives, including those of a highly confidential and critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgment to reflect the executive’s style.
• Work closely with each executive keep both well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Anticipate the executive’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
• Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the executive and internal/external keyholders. Maintain credibility, trust, and support. Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, routing correspondence, responding to emails, interfacing with internal and external stakeholders.
• Work in partnership with the Events and Football Operations teams and the Finance, People & Office Operations team to support departmental events
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE):
• An undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience as an Executive Assistant reporting to a C-level executive
• Experience attending meetings, taking minutes and creating follow up action plans
• Upholds confidentiality and always uses the utmost discretion
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively to meet tight deadlines and prioritize competing priorities
• Highly organized, expert calendar manager with a strong attention to detail
• Strong internal and external relationship builder able to interact well at all levels in the organization
• Good judgement and problem-solving skills, works autonomously and takes initiative
• Highly discreet and able to maintain confidentiality
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey ideas in a clear, succinct manner
• Able to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks and make clear decisions that are timely and in the best interests of the company
• Exemplary planning, project management, proofreading and critical thinking skills
• A willingness to “roll up the sleeves” and tackle a variety of tasks in a small, collegial and energetic sports organization
• Highly dependable, punctual, and available to work hours that align with the needs of the executives and the company
• Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
• Able to travel domestically, if required.
• Must be willing to provide writing samples
The CFL League Office is in Toronto. Most employees are working remotely or hybrid. Must be willing and able to attend the office at least two days per week. In addition will be required to attend meetings or other business events at the league office or other venues as business needs dictate. Proof of vaccination is a condition of employment.
If interested, please submit resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
We are working to create a more diverse and inclusive work environment and welcome applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people living with disabilities and people identifying as LGBTQ2S+.