Senior Manager, Marketing Automation & Acquisition
Position Title: Senior Manager, Marketing Automation & Acquisition
Department: Revenue & Marketing Operations
Direct Manager: Director, Digital Marketing & Fan Engagement
Date: April, 2023
The CFL’s deep Canadian roots and proud legacy spanning more than 100 years are brought to life by its fan-facing content and initiatives. As our league evolves, our incredible fans are
constantly finding new and exciting ways to listen to, watch and consume this great game. We want you to be part of this driving force that delivers! Our overall brand and digital channels have never been more important, speaking to and engaging with our widest audience, which is where you come in.
We are looking for a talented, passionate Senior Manager, Marketing Automation & Acquisition to join our team and help grow our great league!
Reporting to the Director, Digital Marketing & Fan Engagement, the Senior Manager, Marketing Automation & Acquisition is responsible for the execution of all automated marketing and
communication campaigns. This role will also be responsible for owning and managing our MarTech systems in line with the CFL’s fan acquisition and retention strategies.
This is a senior manager-level role, so we are looking for someone who can think strategically and can plan and execute to deliver the strategy.
• Responsible for email marketing program development and execution, including segmentation, email creation, testing, and deployment, and continually evaluating these for improvements.
• Maintain marketing automation integration with CRM and assist in the integration of additional platforms into the marketing automation software.
• Understand and evaluate campaign metrics and distribute campaign performance to the marketing team.
• Work with management to define KPI’s, analyze campaign performance and create reporting. Make recommendations to continuously improve campaigns.
• Manage marketing automation efforts and processes, proactively researching and implementing the latest best practices, strategies, and industry standards.
• Plan and perform A/B testing to define and execute enhancements to productivity, conversion rates, programs/campaign ROI, and audience growth.
• Support essential marketing operations initiatives in relevant MarTech systems such as managing the lead lifecycle, lead scoring, lead nurturing, segmentation, and data cleansing.
• Work with our digital advertising team to ensure alignment across lead-gen and acquisition campaigns across our suite of digital products
• At least 3 years of marketing automation experience across email and push notifications, rich inbox applications, in-app messaging, and/or SMS
• Experience using automation tools like Iterable, Looker, Other Levels, HTML builders, etc.
• Knowledge of and experience with email automation technology, CDP or CRM system
• Understanding of lead generation procedures and customer life cycle
• Proficient in audience segmentation with ability to build audiences within MarTech platforms
• Advanced understanding of digital marketing techniques like A/B testing, automation building, naming conventions, etc.
• Deep understanding and relevant experience with consumer psychology and behaviour
• Ability to collaborate cross-functionally at all levels
• Proven project management skills
• Proactively anticipates and responds to ever-changing consumer behavior
• Analytical and driven by data metrics – you LIVE in excel and Tableau
• Experience with Rudderstack and Braze considered an asset
• CFL Marketing & Content team
• CFL Business Intelligence team
• CFL Technology team
• CFL Data and Digital Transformation team
• Other League staff (Internally and with our 9 Teams)
• Creative Agencies
• Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
• May be required to travel to and stay at CFL pillar events, including but not limited to CFL Combine, Grey Cup Playoffs and Grey Cup.
The CFL League Office is in Toronto. Most employees are working remotely or hybrid. Must be willing and able to attend meetings or other business events at the league office or other venues as business needs dictate. Proof of vaccination is a condition of employment.
If interested, please submit resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
We are working to create a more diverse and inclusive work environment and welcome applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people living with disabilities and people identifying as LGBTQ2S+.