Social Media Correspondent
Position Title: Social Media Correspondent- Temporary
Department: Revenue & Marketing Operations
Direct Manager: Manager, Social Media
Date: May 2023
The CFL’s deep Canadian roots and proud legacy spanning more than 100 years are brought to life by its fan-facing content and initiatives. As our league evolves, our incredible fans are constantly finding new and exciting ways to listen to, watch and consume this great game. We want you to be part of this driving force that delivers! Our overall brand and digital channels have never been more important, speaking to and engaging with our widest audience, which is where you come in.
The CFL is looking for nine in-house Social Media Correspondents for our CFL stadiums during the 2023 season. We are seeking candidates who can craft captivating narratives that showcase the behind-the-scenes action, unforgettable football highlights, and human-interest stories that breathe life into every game through real-time video and photo content. The ideal candidates will excel at capturing the stadium’s unique energy and atmosphere, even for remote fans, while inspiring and encouraging greater fan engagement.
This role is a temporary position for the 2023 CFL season and requires in person attendance all home games at the designated stadium. The successful incumbents will be compensated at a per game rate.
• Create and post content to CFL’s social media platforms in real-time.
• Attend all home games in person and post content throughout the game as well as pre and post game, to engage fans.
• Craft captivating narratives and content that showcase the behind-the-scenes action, unforgettable football highlights, and human-interest stories that breathe life into every game through real-time video and photo content.
• Capture the stadium’s unique energy and atmosphere, even for remote fans.
• Strong understanding of and passion for content creation and social media.
• Strong understanding of and passion for football.
• Creative and innovative thinker.
• Strong communication and storytelling abilities.
• Ability to develop and maintain relationship with fans, players and staff.
• Proactive approach.
• Looks for non-traditional and creative stories.
• Self-motivated and passionate about delivering high quality content to inspire fans.
• A relevant degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent experience is an asset.
• High-energy and enthusiasm.
• Ability to adapt to the CFL’s voice for each channel.
Key Relationships / Contacts:
• CFL Marketing & Content team
• Other League staff (Internally and with our 9 Teams)
• Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
• May be required to travel to and stay at CFL pillar events, including but not limited to CFL Combine, Grey Cup Playoffs and Grey Cup
• CFL Stadiums:
o IG Field- Winnipeg
o Mosaic Stadium- Regina
o TD Place- Ottawa
o Tim Horton’s Field- Hamilton
o BMO Field- Toronto
o BC Place- Vancouver
o Commonwealth Stadium- Edmonton
o Percival Molson Memorial Stadium- Montreal
o McMahon Stadium- Calgary
If interested, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
We are working to create a more diverse and inclusive work environment and welcome applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people living with disabilities and people identifying as LGBTQ2S+.